Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool in wisconsin! start to 99% complete with lots of pics!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool in wisconsin! start to 99% complete with lots of pics!

Started the process in February

Day 1 location location trees!

such a beautiful red maple had to go

bye bye trees will make for for nice fires in the summer however.

received equipment. all pentair stuff. have family that works there so it was a no brainer for us.

trees gone, dog doesnt know where to pee...
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool in wisconsin! start to 99% complete with lots of pics!

Nice stuff you got! Now..if only spring would decide to stick around..
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

3. Back To Top    #3

trees gone and so goes the fence

PB marked out rough layout of pool.. using the transit shows a 5 ft drop in elevation.. first "oh boy" of pool build begins

i had to work so next series of pics is from security cam captures, wish i woulda been home but this pool didnt pay for itself!

pool delivery

dig marked out

digging!

dug.. in less then 5 hours!

walls set

walls complete
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...79028836_n.jpg

side shot. from deck

can kinda see the dig better and the slope of yard.

main drain installed. walls anchored with braces

equipment pad plumbed up.

plumbing runs. everything is independent. also skimmers installed and light niches installed

back filled... had to bring lots and lots of material in.

base compacted and forms set

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TSiGirl View Post
    Nice stuff you got! Now..if only spring would decide to stick around..
    I KNOW!! is it to hard to ask for 70s or even steady 60s?? lol
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Snow delay!

here to pour.. i believe they are digging out for the volleyball anchors and umbrella anchors

poured and now stamping!

done stamping the lighter color is from the release agent.

after setting up for a couple days and pressure washing

after sealing

after pool krete bottom.

liner almost all the way installed

call the waterman!

a little faster then the hose!

filling rest with hose!

view from master suite

rocks for berm that goes around end of pool... that is going to be fun moving them (sarcasm!)

since we finished filling with well water we ended up getting a algae bloom..

with help of POOL SCHOOL, POOL MATH , Forum members, TFT100 pool test kit, and POP( i learned that term pool owner patience) 2 days later, crystal clear!

decided to clean the filters even though the pressure didnt really go up much.... gotta love well water... not!

cleaned filters using the FILTER FLOSSER... worked like a charm.. back to new!

and that is where i stand for now... gonna work on the berm till the fence comes in ( a week away i hope) and just maintain water quality!

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice pool! Congratulations and enjoy!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

thank you!

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice, I've been watching your progress daily on our way to work. Burlington to Antioch. Pretty sure it's yours. Thanks for the daily show and conversation topic.

8. Back To Top    #8

Cool! Thanks for posting all the pics! I love to watch the beginning to end posts and dream. You have a beautiful backyard and now pool! Now if we could just turn off this rain and get some warmer temps here in the Midwest!
    Enjoy!
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Awesome! Very nice!
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

10. Back To Top    #10

Very pretty! That green pic scared me a little! Glad you got it balanced back out to clear and blue again! I'm definitely interested in seeing those rocks in their new home. I don't even like moving the marble chip rocks I have in my side yard. Those big ones are going to take time!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

11. Back To Top    #11

Looking great!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

12. Back To Top    #12

thank you all for the kind words!

two.25acres.. yep that is probably me!

Been, im dreading moving those rocks as well. im putting down landscape fabric tomorrow i plan on taking that part very slowly. I about cried when i saw the green water. thinking that i should of bought another load of water but after reading, asking questions and testing from this website im glad i didnt cause i just saved $300 by following advise on these forums.

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks great !!

I really like the decking
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

14. Back To Top    #14

thanks. it will be nice when the landscaping is done. its proving hard to keep clean at the moment with the dog (and occasionally me) going into the mud..

15. Back To Top    #15

ugh... went to check on the pool through the security cam and seen this!! 35 mph winds i guess will throw the cover reel into the pool! sand bags on the reel legs??? not sure how to remedy this from happening again?