Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool in PA

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in PA

Hi.....first I want to thank everyone for all the great info on this site! Our pool was installed last fall and I spent a lot of time over the winter months reading forums and Pool School. That is a LOT of info! I have a test kit, and stocked up on Clorox bleach and stabilizer so far. Didn't buy muriatic acid yet but I plan too, just not sure how much I might actually need. Hoping to take pool cover off in two weeks or so. The first thing we plan to do is vacuum, then get everything ready to turn on the pump for an hour or so and then take the first water test to see what we need to add. Am I on the right so far? Thanks
    13K gal, 16x32 IG vinyl, Hayward SuperPump 3/4 HP, Hayward Perflex DE filter, AquaRite SWCG T-15. Hayward SharkVac. AquaCal T-115 heat pump. Built Oct 2013. TF100 test kit. Borated.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Pool in PA

Sounds like you are right on track. Very nice job reading and learning!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

A belated welcome!

Sounds like a plan, but I'd make one suggestion: get the plumbing hooked up and the water turned on first. It'll get everything mixing and you can slowly balance while you vacuum. Granted, I have a terrible winter cover, but I've found that the vacuuming/brushing/cleaning seems to take forever. Plumbing and chemicals are easy.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome fozzie! It was a cold one this winter wasn't it?! So glad that winter is over!!!

Get your pump and everything hooked up, fill up and turn it on and test! Add what you need and then vacuum.

You're water is going to look amazing by implementing TFPC!!! Can you post some pics and show off that brand new pool?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP !!😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

good choice

In Ground 35k Gallon
    36 Sq Ft Nautilus NS DE Filter
    Location Pittsburgh PA
    Aquabot Turbo T2 Cleaner
    Vinyl Liner (new in 2016)

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks everyone! Well today we were supposed to have the fence installed around the pool...very bad timing since we are under flood advisory here in PA for the next couple of days. I will post some pictures when the fence is done and we uncover the pool. Can't wait!!
    13K gal, 16x32 IG vinyl, Hayward SuperPump 3/4 HP, Hayward Perflex DE filter, AquaRite SWCG T-15. Hayward SharkVac. AquaCal T-115 heat pump. Built Oct 2013. TF100 test kit. Borated.