Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No Mor Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

No Mor Problems

I recently bought a bottle of No Mor Problems. And yes it was at the advice of a pool store. Now I am seeing that people have trouble with this product. Should I not use it? We had a swamp pool from a broken pump motor over the winter. We used a lot of super shock and 1 and 1/3 bottles of Swamp Treat. I don't really think the Swamp Treat did any good, but our water is almost blue. I am afraid to put the No Mor Problems in it now. Don't want to cause more problems!

Using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No Mor Problems

I recommend not using the No Mor Problems. It has no real advantages (unless CYA is way high and cant be lowered) and can cause some problems of it's own.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

If you really want to take control of your pool, you should order one of the recommended test kits. The fav is the TF100, link in my sig.

Then follow the articles in Pool School that will lead you to understanding how to make your pool a sparkly and sanitized paradise

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

A broken pump does not cause algae ... lack of adequate chlorine causes algae. I went for 2 weeks in the middle of the AZ summer with no pump and never got any algae. The pool was dirty, but the water was clear and no algae to be found.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you. To get your pool clear, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and then follow the SLAM Process.

See these as well:
    Defeating Algae
    Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Agree, Agree, Agree, with Jason, Butterfly and jblizzle!

POOL SCHOOL for YOU!

And, can you please update you profile with your location and your signature with your pool stats. Thanks!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi! Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of friendly people here eager to help you gain control of your pool. Before long you will have such a sparkly pool that is easy to take care of, so you can spend time and money on other things in life. Like pool toys, or BBQ toys.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome! Start with the link in my signature.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like it's just Sodium Bromide...which is common in hot tubs, but which will most likely skew your test results for FC.

http://www.swimpool.com/msds.htm
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

No more problems has sodium bromide and other ingredients stated in label, is there a test kit for sodium bromide?

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by texas11 View Post
    No more problems has sodium bromide and other ingredients stated in label, is there a test kit for sodium bromide?
    Since it works almost the same as and is closely related to chlorine, you test with a chlorine test.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

11. Back To Top    #11

A chlorine test kit would show the bromine that is produced when you add an oxidizer such as chlorine or non-chlorine shock (MPS). The units of bromine are 2.25 times higher than that of chorine so 1 ppm FC is 2.25 ppm Total Bromine and the test does not distinguish between them. You can assume that if you've added sodium bromide to the pool that you are producing bromine, not chlorine. The only way to get back go a chlorine pool is to do a complete drain and refill to remove nearly all the bromide. Adding sodium bromide to water is a one-way street to converting to using bromine instead of chlorine. Only if the amount of sodium bromide added was fairly small, only a few ppm, could the bromine outgas over months. Didn't United Chemical, the makers of No Mor Problems that you used, tell you that? Why do you trust manufacturers rather than the unbiased truthful advice of this forum?

There is no simple test for testing bromide. There is a somewhat complicated combination of tests you can use that take advantage of the fact that monobromamine shows up as FC while monochloramine does not. If you have an accurate chlorine test kit, preferably a FAS-DPD chlorine test kit, then you first measure the FC and the CC where the latter is usually zero or close to it. You then take another pool water sample and add ammonia to it in a quantity that should produce monochloramine so some molar excess of ammonia. If you had 10% ammonium hydroxide (concentrated household ammonia) then you need at least 0.003 Taylor-sized drops added to a 25 ml water sample. So you could dilute your household ammonia by adding one ounce of it to one gallon of non-chlorinated water (NOT tap water, but distilled or deionized water) and then add one Taylor-sized drop from that gallon to your sample and wait one minute. If your FC was chlorine, then you should now see it as CC instead and FC would be 0. If your FC was bromine, then you should still see it reporting as FC (CC would be 0).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"