Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Skim Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Charleston, SC

Pool Skim Help

I was wondering if anyone might know of a possible way to attach the Pool Skim to a straight recommended here:

I have an older pool with slanted 1" diam return pipes....can I use the Polaris 1" stub pipe connection recommended by PoolSkim or do I need to have a pipe that return straight on perpendicular to the wall? Also, is it just as easy to find a pvc adapter that can transition a straght 1" pipe to a 1.5" threaded connection? I've looked but it seems none are made to insert which is what I need since the pipe in enclosed in the concrete wall. Thanks in advance for any comments or advice!

This is my original post...
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Pool Skim Help

If you are still having trouble connecting the poolskim to your pool, please post a picture of your return and we will try to help you find a solution.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!