2 questions: Eyeball size & Silt in pool

kgturner

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2014
Mobile, Alabama
I have two questions which seem to be relatively easy so I didn't want to make two different forums posts.

1. What is the effect of changing the eyeball size (bigger or smaller) on the return? The think mine are may be too small (higher pressure flow) as the shallow end return tends to corral leaf and debris near the steps without letting them pass to the skimmer.

2. What's the best way to get rid of silt/fine dirt/dust in a pool? I've scrubbed and scrubbed and eventually the stuff just returns to it's nooks and crannies. Vacuuming doesn't seem to help as I think it's too fine and just passes through the sand filter. Do I vacuum to waste? Is there a better way as waste seems to dump a lot of water?

Kevin T

1) Smaller eyeballs mean faster water movement and slightly less efficient system. Generally you want them as large as possible that still gets you enough water movement to get eh circulation pattern you want.

2) Vacuuming will remove it, but new dust will come to replace the old. Dust like this is very common in pollen season. At other times of year it could indicate that your FC level is just a little too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.