Is it worth 1K or so to have chemical automation

Sep 30, 2012
Houston,Tx
I have read up on this topic a bit. I looked at the Jandy chemlink 1900. I can see how ORP is not very reliable. The ph is nice to control the salt chlorinator. It would also be nice to have a pump for the acid. Is it worth 1000 dollars or so? I will admit I am very lazy and anything to make the pool less maintenance is a big plus in my book. Just looking for thoughts to see if this is really worth while. I know the probes must be replaced yearly. I don't plan on running any ozone. This is mainly to control the chlorinator and acid.

I don't recommend getting a full chemical automation system for any residential user, even if it was free. They add complexity and cost while reducing reliability. Some people may benefit from a simple acid feed system, though mostly only when you have an issue like high TA fill water or a negative edge pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.