Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it worth 1K or so to have chemical automation

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it worth 1K or so to have chemical automation

I have read up on this topic a bit. I looked at the Jandy chemlink 1900. I can see how ORP is not very reliable. The ph is nice to control the salt chlorinator. It would also be nice to have a pump for the acid. Is it worth 1000 dollars or so? I will admit I am very lazy and anything to make the pool less maintenance is a big plus in my book. Just looking for thoughts to see if this is really worth while. I know the probes must be replaced yearly. I don't plan on running any ozone. This is mainly to control the chlorinator and acid.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it worth 1K or so to have chemical automation

I don't recommend getting a full chemical automation system for any residential user, even if it was free. They add complexity and cost while reducing reliability. Some people may benefit from a simple acid feed system, though mostly only when you have an issue like high TA fill water or a negative edge pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is it worth 1K or so to have chemical automation

Thank you