Pool Plaster Question

Oct 14, 2013
The temperature hit 102 in South Texas yesterday, so I took my first dip in the pool. While doing that, I noticed about a three inch in diameter circle where the plaster is chipping off. I guess this is known as plaster delamination.

My question is can this be spot repaired or does this mean I need to replaster my pool? I believe my home was built in 1992 or so (I'm not the original owner), and I doubt it has ever been re-surfaced. Just wonderng how much I'm going to need to cut into the kids college fund for this.:brickwall::brickwall:

It sounds like that particular delamination is known as "spalling" where only about one-sixteenth of an inch of the surface is lost.
A plaster coat is generally about a half of an inch thick. Therefore, you could simply sand the spalling area with sandpaper and make it smooth again.

Unless a lot of areas become delaminated, a few small spalls do not necessarily mean there is a need to re-plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.