Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Steps with Gate - Anyone used this one?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Steps with Gate - Anyone used this one?

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/B...FcURMwodtkcAgA
    I was looking online at these steps with gate. My main question is if it adjusts well for a slightly different elevation outside the pool. After back filling around the pool, wash gravel, drain pipe, etc the outside elevation is a little higher than the inside. Anyone have experience with these steps? Thinking possibly this would be easier for my 81 year old mom who loves to swim to get in and out verses my innovaplas walkway.
    (Not my pool)
    27' Round X 54" Aqua Leader Sentinelle AGP, Vinyl J hook liner. 18,500 gal.
    Waterway 19" oval sand filter, US Motors EZBN25 1.0 hp 1.5 SPL Pump, BBB (Empty Aqua Smarte System connected, may use during vacation), Barracuda Zodiac 1500,
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Steps with Gate - Anyone used this one?

Bumping post to add it to today's activity stream. Hopefully someone will have suggestions for you.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

This ladder will go right up to 54 inch wall height, that's pretty tall for an above ground pool.... I would love this ladder, I'll probably be looking at it for next year...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

Check the Amazon revies.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    This ladder will go right up to 54 inch wall height, that's pretty tall for an above ground pool.... I would love this ladder, I'll probably be looking at it for next year...
    Lacey... I have to get on my tip toes to reach over my wall and into my pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Lacey... I have to get on my tip toes to reach over my wall and into my pool!
    How tall are the walls on your pool Casey? Ah its in your signature... I am on my toes too... I'm only 5"6'....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

I am 5'6" too. And I don't have a deck yet. it makes sweeping very hard.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I am 5'6" too. And I don't have a deck yet. it makes sweeping very hard.
    And brushing, and vacuuming....lol......

9. Back To Top    #9

How do you cover the pool with one of these on it? do you need to take it down every time or maybe there is a workaround for that?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Hi Yaniv, One of these what? I'm not sure what you are referring to??

I have a solar cover and the winter cover that came with my pool, but that's it... I will be buying a new solar cover... I am leaving my pool up... Too much water to keep draining and replacing...

11. Back To Top    #11

I meant the Pool Steps, do you need to remove it every time you want to put a pool cover ?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

I've seen people cut their solar covers to fit, but when covering the pool for the winter, they come out....

From the top photo, it looks like you might be able to just remove the waterside ladder....

13. Back To Top    #13

I got these steps last summer to replace the ladder that came with our pool. I love these steps. We cut our solar cover to fit around the steps. It works well. For the winter when we closed up the pool we took the steps out entirely. I got the steps from pool supply company off eBay. They were easy to put together. We weigh them down with bleach bottles filled with sand tied to the bottom step. This works very well.
    Morada 24' x 52" round AGP, 13500 gals
    Waterway 1hp Horzintal Pump & Motor, Waterway Clearwater II 150 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Polaris 65, K-2006 Test Kit