Someone HELP please, I think I have a leak!!!!

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
We opened up the pool two weeks ago and it was beautiful!! All thanks to the BBB process! My husband and son got it for the first time aythis weekend. Well yesterday I went out side and noticed that the ground was wet but I couldn't tell where the water came from because I have river rocks around the pool. What can I do?

Are you sure they didn't splash water out of the pool?

If so, you can watch the water level closely to see if it is dropping. If you think it is dropping, you can perform a bucket test by placing a bucket on a step and filling it so the water is at the same level inside the bucket as the pool water is outside the bucket. If the pool water level drops faster than the level in the bucket, you probably have a leak.

If after you determine you do have a leak, it's time to get in and go swimming so grab your goggles. First start with the outer perimeter to determine if it is a seam along the wall. Once you eliminate the seam, start swimming the length of the pool, back and forth, looking at every square inch of the bottom, until you find it. A tip here is to look for dirt and divots. If you added a ladder or steps, check the wall behind them to make sure you did not put a hole in the liner when installing the steps/ladder (I've done that to a brand new liner :shock: ). Once you find the leak, patch it. If it's on the bottom, it's better to have a helper help hold you down so you don't keep floating to the top. Chose someone you can trust that will leave you up when you give the command! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.