Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Discharge hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Discharge hose

We usually get a discharge hose from Leslie pool - works fine but is hard to stretch onto the filter output part. I was wondering if there was a better one out there that is easier to get on and stay on?

http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-d...harge-hose.htm
    NJ
    35,000 gallons, DE filter, IG plaster
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Discharge hose

Just plumb it with PVC. Much easier and it doesn't need to be buried deeply.

If you want to use the hose, I'd suggest dipping the end in very hot water for a while before trying to install it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like you're missing this.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Sounds like you're missing this.

Yep and if you have one of those you should have one of these to keep it on.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you! I was missing the piece Richard320 posted and the blue plastic hose was too small to connect to filter. I've been using a smaller 4-5' hose and a kids slide to try and direct the discharge water away. it's quite the sight and honestly not working very well..... Adding these to my pool store list.....
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

awesome thanks! definitely missing that $2 piece. We have the silver clamp - just have to try to stretch the discharge hose to get it on first but looks like that hose adapter will solve that!
    NJ
    35,000 gallons, DE filter, IG plaster
    TF-100