Best leaf canister for Zodiac G3?

Apr 11, 2014
Central Tx
First time pool owner here. The previous home owner left behind a Zodiac G3 that I have been using for the past few days during the SLAM process. I have a lot of leaves and other debris in my pool and find myself cleaning out the pump basket several times a day. I think a leaf canister would be beneficial, but which one is compatible with the G3? I see that Zodiac makes a few, but from my search here, most people go with the Hayward. Would the Hayward work with the G3, or should I just go with a Zodiac? They have a new model that looks pretty effective, but I haven't really seen any reviews on it.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Cleaners/Suction/Zodiac-Cyclonic-Leaf-Catcher.aspx

hi, one thing to remember about pool cleaners, they are made to keep a pool clean and not to clean a dirty pool. I have used a few of the new Zodiac cyclonic leaf catcher and found them easy to use and they catch a lot of leaves. if the pool has a lot of leaves then installing a leaf catcher is a great idea and can save you time and money on costly pump repairs. if you purchase the Zodiac one make sure you ask for the adaptors to connect the "Old" hose to the new "Clip Lock" hose connections on the Leaf catcher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.