Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have my 2006 test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Have my 2006 test kit

But I suspect I am doing something very very wrong!

So did my first set of tests and got the following results;

fc - 37
    ph - 7.4
    ta - 120
    ca - 400
    and CYA so high I can't measure it!

Are some some beginers errors I may have made that I need to correct?

As I was passing Leslies on the way to work, I took a sample in there, and they measured

fc - 37
    cya - 80

cya unchanged since last time, and fc higher as the greeness has now gone, and we have been using 8.25% clorox from walmart (marked concentrated) to deal with the greeness etc that I have posted before.

Any suggestions anyone before I start pumping all my pool water away lol.
    Live in Maricopa, AZ, 29x8x6 deep approx, freeform, in ground pebbletec, 1.5hp pump, 4xcartridge harrison filter, Aqua Logoc controller, pop up inbuilt cleaner jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Have my 2006 test kit

Welcome to TFP

Your CYA testing is likely much more accurate than the pool store once you get the hang of it. Have you tried diluting your pool water with tap water by 50% to do the CYA test? How is it that it is so high you can't measure it?
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Your numbers look plausible, and we have had so many problems with pool store results (especially CYA) that I never trust pool stores any more.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies.

Hi Aimee,
    The house hasn;t been lived in for about a year, but water was nice n blue when I 1st looked at it, so suspect a pool service has been attacking the pool upto now.

Jason, I will try that later on/tomorrow, just for my interest, I got it tested at the same place I did last week, and they read it CYA at 80, mind you, another Leslie's made it 50 a couple of days before lol
    Live in Maricopa, AZ, 29x8x6 deep approx, freeform, in ground pebbletec, 1.5hp pump, 4xcartridge harrison filter, Aqua Logoc controller, pop up inbuilt cleaner jets.

5. Back To Top    #5

Make sure the CYA test is done outside with your back to the sun and the tube at waist level. Pour back and forth a few times and see if you are consistent.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I tired it back to the sun, in the shade, will try again tomorrow.