Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex pool needs help!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

intex pool needs help!!!!!

Please someone give me direction. I have a 22' by 52" and it is a hot mess!!! Left up over winter and had some bad rain here in GA. OK.....So, it is green as shrek, 1 t-bar is bent and it is unlevel! How do I fix this mess I want it open for mothers day! I know to order the t-bar but to clean it and fix the crookedness I am at a loss. Please tell me or show me pics. Of how to even start. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Thank you so much pool gurus!!!! ~Sarah
    22'x52" intex pool, sand filter and salt water pump. An in ground is my dream!! 🏊 🌴Sarah (snakegrl)!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex pool needs help!!!!!

First off, Welcome to TFP!

I'll try to give you a rundown of the steps you need to take.

To fix the level, you will probably have to drain the pool, and start from scratch. If you have a way to jack up the low posts, you might be able to slip a board or two under the leg.

To fix the green beast, Pool School will be your new best friend. Link in upper right of every page here. If you have to drain to level the pool, then Pool school is still going to be where you want to go, to learn how to keep it from going green again.

In Pool school, you will learn that doing your own testing is paramount to keeping your pool algae free. For this, we recommend the TF-100, from http://TFtestkits.net. There are similar test kits available, but if you want the best bang for your buck, that is the one to get.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP ! 😎
    Charlie gave you some good advice.
    If you don't have to drain to fix the leveling problem your going to have to preform the SLAM process. Make sure you read over it and follow it to the T.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...tain-shockingl
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both so much!!! I think I am going to have to drain it . How do I get the algae off the sides of the pool? I am going to go read how to care for the water. Thank you so much!!!!!!
    22'x52" intex pool, sand filter and salt water pump. An in ground is my dream!! 🏊 🌴Sarah (snakegrl)!

5. Back To Top    #5

You can scrub the inside of the pool with a water bleach solution. It might be a good idea to bring the FC up to SLAM level after you fill it back up just to make sure everything is killed off. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

You have been given excellent advice! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and any questions!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

This post discusses raising the legs on an Intex pool with the water still in it.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...r-Escapes-pool
    Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by gwc View Post
    This post discusses raising the legs on an Intex pool with the water still in it.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...r-Escapes-pool
    I would recommend against using the info in this link as you will basically be dismantling the pool partially. Drain the pool, replace/fix the t bar and reassemble and fill.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

I had forgotten that you had posted about a t-bar being bent. You will have to drain to fix that.

Look at it this way, except for the expense of the water you will be replacing, you can start fresh with learning to keep your pool clean and safe a whole lot less expensive than pool store chemical way!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

10. Back To Top    #10

I forgot the mention of the bent t-bar. Disregard my earlier post.
    Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit