Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Messed up situation

1. Back To Top    #1

Messed up situation

I have a 11k gallon plaster pool, It was drained and acid washed 2 years back, I went for water testing and the CH level is really high 1000... The pool store recommended to drain the pool again. BUT The problem is the weather is already hot in Phoenix 80-90 degree, What shall I do ?
    11000 Gallons, Cartridge Filter, UG, Plaster, Shasta pool, filter model Hayward C4030, Pump Motor Emerson 1-1/2HP Full Rated EB2977T, Pump model Northstar SP4010NS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Messed up situation

You don't need to lower the water level to replace water. It is possible to drain at about the same rate you are filling. This process is a little less efficient in terms of water usage, but it prevents any risk from heat damage to the plaster.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Reverse Osmosis is available in the Phoenix area. Calsaway.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you been using as lot of the chlorine powder from they pool store? No way the CH should be that high already if you were not adding calcium.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Reverse Osmosis is available in the Phoenix area. Calsaway.
    Good suggestion. If I could swing this, I would do RO treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Have you been using as lot of the chlorine powder from they pool store? No way the CH should be that high already if you were not adding calcium.
    Then look into this. I live in a high CH area, and they sell Cal Hypo all day every day. It could well be the culprit.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

fbs,

Do you know the CH of your fill water?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School