Sand Filter Base

Apr 22, 2014
NM
I have a Sta-Rite Cristal-flo 24-inch 300lb filter. It is about 16 years old. The plastic/rubber supporting base split in halve and the filter has been dropping a little. I now have the sand out for replacing. An exact replacement stand is no-longer made and the ones that may be available are over $100. Are there generic stands that are available and can be used? Any advice on making a new one or perhaps using my two split halves? Thanks!

I would be concerned that if the base had decayed to the point of splitting that the filter itself may not be far behind, this is a particular concern since these types of filters are also pressure vessels, but I am extra cautious regarding things that can go boom, even when the chance is slight.

I know on my sand filter the base is a totally different compound than the filter itself. If it were me I would make a replacement base out of plywood and 2x4's. You could use the current base as a template, or a contractor could bust that out in about 20 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.