Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Opened pool, liner coming loose and unattached!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! Opened pool, liner coming loose and unattached!

Opened pool today, water looks great, however, in several areas the liner has come loose. How can we fix this? We've tried strength and it doesn't work, lol! Any suggestions appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! Opened pool, liner coming loose and unattached!

Hey Snyder! Looks like you got a job on your hands huh... lol At least the pool water looks great!

I've never had to deal with this before personally but forum reading over the last 7 years makes me suggest HOT water to stretch the liner. Try that and see how it works.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Yes really hot water, as things like hair dryers and heat guns are too dangerous to use around the pool...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, I read around on alot of posts on TFP and we fixed it that afternoon BEFORE I saw these posts, lol. SO...we used a hairdryer :/. Would NEVER recommend it bc of the danger, we did make sure the outlet and dryer had a safety and ground on them and got everyone away from the pool, knowing we could still get electrocuted, we had a friend with a wooden 2 x 4 near by...the things we do for this pool!!! Hate I didn't see or think of the hot water route first! It did work wonderfully and very fast. We did stack two pennies over and over around the pool this time as I saw recommended and what a great idea!!! We believe this happened to begin with because we let too much water out when winterizing. Def learned our lesson!!! Thanks for the info, if this happens again we will surely go that route!!! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad you got it fixed!!! Hope you enjoy the pool this summer!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter