First fill... test results and plan

Feb 23, 2014
Boston suburb
Hi everyone,

Just got my TF-100 test kit and tested the water below. I will be plugging numbers into the pool calculator and setting the goals below. Please let me know if my targets are off or if there is anything else I should be doing.

pH- 7.2 (Target = 7.5)
Cl = 0 (Target = 3 ppm)
CC = 0 (Target = 0)
TA = 50 (Target = 75)
Ch = 50-75 (Irrelevant as this is a vinyl lined AG pool)
CYA = 0 (Target = 30)

Pool is approximately 10,400 gallons 21' above ground.

Looks like you can probably get by with just bleach, baking soda, and stabilizer. Enough baking soda to push TA up to your target will also raise pH a little bit. CYA will lower it a little bit. You'll still be in the good zone. It doesn't all have to be adjusted at once, you know. It'll take a while to warm up enough to jump in, so there's no hurry to get everything exactly perfect.

You might decide you want to use some Cal-hypo to chlorinate with initially. It won't lower pH the way dichlor will, and it will add a little CH. With your low CH readings, you might get a lot of foaming, even if it doesn't affect the vinyl liner at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.