Last years tf-100 leftovers

hurt5150

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2013
Missouri
I bought new testing supplies for this year but I am wondering if the DPD powder from last summer is still good. Hoping to not need to SLAM my pool this summer but just in case I need to, I thought it would be nice to have the extra powder around to use if I ran out of the new stuff. What about the rest of the supplies, is any of it worth keeping? Today was my first after winter opening and I have a quick question- if my cc was 0 and my water clear, do I need to still do an overnight test or is it safe to assume my pool is algae free? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you've kept them indoors there should be no worries. I would use them, and if you are worried with a strange number, re-run it against the new reagents and see what you get.

I am betting they will be good if they have been properly stored as I mentioned.

My reagents are over a year old and they still work. I have new ones just haven't used them yet. If you store them correctly you'll be fine.
If your water is crystal clear and no CC and no visible algae your good to go.

I am using reagents from last year and I trust them. I keep mine under the sink on the shelf. I pull it out, test the water and put it back.

I didn't SLAM my pool upon opening because my CC's were 0 with an FC of 4ppm. :goodjob:

Some of the reagents I am using are over 3 years old :shock:

I have newer ones, but I continue to get expected results. Stored properly they can last awhile.

The powder and the CYA reagent I think are the last ones to worry about. Crush the powder back up if it clumps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.