Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward filter gasket issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward filter gasket issues

How can you tell if you can replace the gasket or if you have to replace the plate? It doesn't look as if the plate can be replaced on mine, and the pool place sold us a gasket. The gasket is so glued in that we have worked for hours trying to get it out of there. When I called, they said this was typical and that we would just have to work it and then when we put in the new gasket to get some stix-all to glue the new one in. Does this sound correct and if so, are there any easier ways to get this old gasket out of there. I mean it was glued down to last for eternity!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repairing A Hayward spider gasket

Everything I've seen is that the Hayward design is not supposed to be serviceable. You need to disassemble the multiport and replace the entire handle assembly.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

I might not be looking at this right or maybe I'm not calling it the right thing. Our spider gasket is not a part of the handle. When I take the handle off it is down below it in the bowl part. Am I supposed to replace that whole piece that connect to all of the plumbing? There are 5 pipes running into/out of it.

4. Back To Top    #4

What filter type/model do you have?
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

5. Back To Top    #5

It is a Hayward S200

Here's a link to a picture of it:
    https://www.hayward-pool.com/images/...edium/S200.jpg