My slam over! Please help what next?

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys, so it took about 7 days but i finally have my water crystal clear, i passed the ofct, and no cc in the pool. I have a circupool swg that i want to turn on for the first time. What should i adjust next as I'm not sure if my other levels are good.

FC 9
PH 7.8
TA 100-110
CYA 45-60 (I'm really not so confident in my testing, seem to get different results.)
CH 40-50

I also have an additional concern now, my swg is reading the salt level at 4700 and when i turn the swg on sometimes it flashes high salt. Although even though its flashing it still says generating? Thanks

Why such a range in CYA result? Do you pour the sample back and forth and do the test outside with your back to sun with tube at waist level.

If the salt is too high, then you will have to replace water to lower it.

You will also want to raise the CYA up to the SWG recommended range.

Ok, i didnt test the cya like you said...maybe thats why i kept getting different results. Ill test it that way to get a more accurate testing, Im just nervous about putting too much cya as last year i had to drain my pool from too much cya due to 3'' chlorine tabs. Thanks

The CYA test can be a little tricky. Practice will make perfect ! Just do it the way Jason said too. It's light sensitive. Also if the water is cold bring the sample to room temp. It's temp sensitive too.

Hi guys, so it took about 7 days but i finally have my water crystal clear, i passed the ofct, and no cc in the pool. I have a circupool swg that i want to turn on for the first time. What should i adjust next as I'm not sure if my other levels are good.

FC 9
PH 7.8
TA 100-110
CYA 45-60 (I'm really not so confident in my testing, seem to get different results.)
CH 40-50

I also have an additional concern now, my swg is reading the salt level at 4700 and when i turn the swg on sometimes it flashes high salt. Although even though its flashing it still says generating? Thanks

I assume CH - 40 to 50 referring to Calcium hardness? The recommended CH is between 250 to 350, yours is very low which promote the etching of plaster, raise it immediately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.