How close can I pour concrete to buried ABG?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
I am wanting to pour a concrete deck on one side of a buried doughboy pool, level with the top rail cap. Can i just have my concrete person pour the concrete up to the cap, but not under the cap, so that when the cap is removed there is 4 inches or so of space between concrete and pool for liner changes in the future? If not, how close to the pool can I come?

thanks!

How much space has to be between pool and decking for liner change?

finalizing pool plans. How much space do I need to leave between the pool and concrete deck? wife wants the deck poured on same level as the top cap of the pool. Top cap is 6 1/2 inches wide. that should leave 3-4 inches of space between pool and concrete for liner change.

is that enough? I might also add that the side where the deck will be will be the partially buried side of the pool, and will only be ~20 inches out of the ground.

i just dont want to screw myself on future liner changes.....

thanks!

I have not removed the top rail from my pool before, so I don't know how much space you need to be able to get your hands around it to remove it. Perhaps someone who has taken their top rails off to change liners could tell you how much space you need to leave so you can remove them without too much difficulty.

You could use a beaded track and a beaded liner to avoid it. The beaded liner snaps into the track. Something to think about...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.