Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool fence....

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool fence....

1st off.... does anyone else think its stupid that I have to have pool fence around my pool when my house is 100 feet away from a 3 acre, 18 ft deep community pond?

anyhoo.... preliminary #s coming in for buried doughboy pool:

16 x 32 autumn breeze: $5599.00

+200 liner upgrade for 7 ft deep end

+259 for cake steps (they gave me a $140 credit since i wont be getting a ladder, steps are $399.00.)

+ 270 upgrade from Doughboy pump and filter to Hayward 250lb sandfilter and 1.5 hp pump.

- $500 coupon I received from doughboy for typing in my email address on their site a week ago.

$5828.00

+ tax 8.375%

________

$6316.00

+ install (3400 because its on slope and it will be buried 2 feet on one end, 3 feet on the other, plus excavate for deep end)

+ 1,100 to extend out our already big back porch to reach pool (basically an 8 x 30 concrete pool deck on one side of pool)

+ 700 for electric ( this is rough estimate, have electrician coming by to consult on monday)

+ 300 bucks for stupid vinyl fence around any part of pool that is less than 35 inches above ground, per stupid city codes

+1000 bucks rough estimate for metal pool fence to close off back porch

total cost $13,800.00, give or take a grand depending on electrical, fence, the builder unearthing Hoffa when he digs this thing out......

anyone have any ideas on pool fence cheap to satisfy the code? i know the safety aspects and all, and I do have a 3 year old, but I dont let her out without me or momma, we have top locking bolts on all doors, plus alarm chimes since we already have to worry about pond.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool fence....

Chain link would likely be the cheapest. I'm doing about 200' of aluminum black, 54" fence, with 3 gates. Almost $8,000. Crazy.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have mixed feelings regarding a fence in isolated areas, but with today's liability laws it is a smart idea regardless of the code issues. As to type of fence this is hard to say as there is much variation in code requirements from location to location, both in terms of height and construction, need for self closing self latching gates, gate alarms, etc.

Ike

p.s. Steve fence pricing is insane, I paid almost $5,000 for 135 feet of wood 6 ft privacy fence (using metal post set in concrete) about 4 years ago.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

It is crazy. Almost as much as the patio!
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

5. Back To Top    #5

It seems pretty obvious that you're jacked over the fence and all but you have to take into account that all parents aren't as vigilant on the where about of their children. With that said, we had 4 beautiful children move into a house below ours over the winter. They can see our pool. It's 54" above ground and does not require a fence but hubby and I have already discussed our plans to keep them safe even though they are not our children. The codes are there for a reason and if you want a pool, you have to follow them. JMO
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I feel your pain... You cannot have a pool in my country without a fence... There is more glass fencing around pools in Australia then anywhere else in the world.... And they're not cheap......People figure, if you have to have a fence, you may as well make it invisible.....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I feel your pain... You cannot have a pool in my country without a fence... There is more glass fencing around pools in Australia then anywhere else in the world.... And they're not cheap......People figure, if you have to have a fence, you may as well make it invisible.....
    Do you have any pic's of the glass fence you speak of Lacey ?
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

I agree with Casey -- it's just something to factor into your build - it's for your protection just as much as anyone else's.
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Hi pwrstk Its easier to post a link for you.... Its actually quite beautiful......http://www.canberragungahlinglass.co...pool-fence.php

Here's another one... In Sydney....

http://www.palmersglass.com.au/glass-pool-fencing/
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool fence....

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Hi pwrstk Its easier to post a link for you.... Its actually quite beautiful......http://www.canberragungahlinglass.co...pool-fence.php

Here's another one... In Sydney....

http://www.palmersglass.com.au/glass-pool-fencing/
    That is very unique. I never knew something like that existed. It's like it's not even there. That would be a lot of glass cleaning though !
    Gotta be pricey too 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Its about $70 upwards for a 1200mm glass panel.... But you can get them cheaper....You've just gotta shop around..... And they're no different than keeping glass doors or windows clean.....

12. Back To Top    #12

Yeah, fencing is a pain, but a safety measure for sure ... and not always just for children ... our neighbors at our old house had an inground pool and they had removed a large portion of fencing to access the back yard ... A dog (not sure whose dog) actually got in their pool and was swimming round-n-round trying to find a way out ... I don't think our neighbors were home at the time so I made hubby jump the fence and go rescue the dog. With a lake it usually doesn't just drop to 18' deep, so animals can usually easily get in an out ... but lots of pools don't have a step that is easily maneuvered by dogs. So, as much as it is expensive and maybe doesn't make sense ... a tragedy prevented is the best measure!
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by steveg_nh View Post
    It is crazy. Almost as much as the patio!
    why is the patio crazy? i cant pour a patio next to a buried inground?
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.

14. Back To Top    #14

gtnos, if I interpreted steveg_nh 's post correctly, I read it as "It is crazy. Almost (costs) as much as the patio!". Hard to say, tho.

15. Back To Top    #15

Correct, the fence costs almost as much as the patio.

16. Back To Top    #16

OH. OK. gotcha... but I can sit on the patio by my pool and drink beer.... cant do that on a fence...

i mean.. I guess I could, but at some point id fall off the fence....

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

gtnos....lol....

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    OH. OK. gotcha... but I can sit on the patio by my pool and drink beer.... cant do that on a fence...

i mean.. I guess I could, but at some point id fall off the fence....
    The same could probably be said about the patio
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

19. Back To Top    #19

Lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

If you live out in the country here is the type of fence I used. You can use it with wooden or steel post. And you can get it in Green, Black, or uncoated.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_44296-16418-...%7C&facetInfo=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast