Lay - Z Spa heater . No pump / E02 error

Sep 3, 2012
Hi,
I have a Lay-Z spa from 2012. It's the platinum/vegas version with the heater that can only heat or bubble, not both at the same time.

The pump worked for just over a year, only need occasional cleans, but it's now in a state where whilst the BUBBLES work fine, the pump itself won't pump around water to filter.
After power on, if the filter/heater setting is selected I get a few seconds of silence then beeps with E02 displayed

E02 seems to be a water flow issue.

I tried backflushing - in fact I can squirt water through either way around, and it comes out the other end just fine (in->out or out->in)

At no point is there ANY noise.

This suggests to me that the pump has failed/has bad connection
If it was the flow meter I suspect it would pump for a while then stop.

I've dismantled the unit but it's not clear what to check. The large "pump" unit seems clear of debris -- but thinking about it now perhaps this is just the air blower
Where is the pump in this unit?
Any recomendations on getting a spare part?

I feel a little guilty posting about this cheap temporary unit here. One day I'll invest in a proper spa.... this one I acquired from someone who no longer wanted it!

many thanks
Nigel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.