Rainwater harvesting and TA

A little late ... After the gully washer ch is down to 390!

Hmmm CYA is south of 20.

I'll bet cl is low ... Yep it's low.

Time for More cya.

Scaling is looking better. I wish I had CH numbers just after the rain.

Looks like I may get more ch free water over the next 3 days!

And for today's laugh I've update the water catchment device ...

5u8equvu.jpg

Ch is currently 420

I'm not sure if you can do it, but I pump down my spa and direct the downspout to it. the worst of the fine dust settles out in the spa that way. And when the storm is over, I pump the spa into the pool to filter it out, or just set the valves to spa only and it clears it up pretty fast.

If you put the drain pipe to the bottom of the spa, you might not need to drain it. The cleaner water would overflow into the pool just like a separation tank. Another option would be to put the drainage pipe directly into the skimmer and run the pool pump while it is raining.

It's already running to the spa. I like the enable spa drain and return to the pool method. Gets everything straight to the filter and doesn't require more pipe.

Good tips guys thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad to hear the recent rainwater in Houston helped your pool fill. We got an amazing amount of rain the last couple of days looks like your wish was granted ;).

Thanks for posting pics, I will try this out the next time we to replace water. It's a great idea!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.