pool cover question

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so guys ive looked on here....googled and just looked on amazon and I think I know what size cover I need fore my 14x48 intex ultra frame, 15 ft cover right? but I saw this... http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Defender...d=1398474500&sr=8-3&keywords=15+ft+pool+cover is that better or is it too big...says its a 4 ft over hang, im needing to get one from amazon because money is tight right now and we are going out of town for a week and we have no one to take care of the pool when we are gone and I don't want to come home to a mess in the pool, thanks guys...sorry bout the extra post I forgot about this trip lol thanks again

If you're just worried about the FC dropping over a weeks time, just plop some trichlor tabs in a floater and you should be good as long as the pool circulates some each day.

If we are talking heavy debris like limbs then you need a winter cover with the 4 ft overhang. That way nothing gets in the pool. If you are talking light debris then i wouldn't worry about it. A few tabs for a week won't cause a major problem. Do you have a pool sweep?

if you have a auto pool sweep and light debris then the pool sweep will pick up the debris in your pool and you only have to empty it once a week. And you can leave the pool alone for a week using tabs for chlorination. No need for a cover. If however you get heavy debris or a large volume of debris then you need a cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.