Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool cover question

1. Back To Top    #1

pool cover question

so guys ive looked on here....googled and just looked on amazon and I think I know what size cover I need fore my 14x48 intex ultra frame, 15 ft cover right? but I saw this... http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Defender-...+ft+pool+cover is that better or is it too big...says its a 4 ft over hang, im needing to get one from amazon because money is tight right now and we are going out of town for a week and we have no one to take care of the pool when we are gone and I don't want to come home to a mess in the pool, thanks guys...sorry bout the extra post I forgot about this trip lol thanks again

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool cover question

If you're just worried about the FC dropping over a weeks time, just plop some trichlor tabs in a floater and you should be good as long as the pool circulates some each day.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

just hate to come home to lots of junk in the pool, scared to add that too while im gone

4. Back To Top    #4

The winter covers are designed with a 4ft overhang to allow some slack if the pool is drained over winter, also to allow for material to be cinched down by the cable. I guess there's no reason you can't use it, but they tend to be a little unwieldy.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

5. Back To Top    #5

like I said im worried bout the tree hanging right over the pool is all

6. Back To Top    #6

If we are talking heavy debris like limbs then you need a winter cover with the 4 ft overhang. That way nothing gets in the pool. If you are talking light debris then i wouldn't worry about it. A few tabs for a week won't cause a major problem. Do you have a pool sweep?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a vac yes

8. Back To Top    #8

if you have a auto pool sweep and light debris then the pool sweep will pick up the debris in your pool and you only have to empty it once a week. And you can leave the pool alone for a week using tabs for chlorination. No need for a cover. If however you get heavy debris or a large volume of debris then you need a cover.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall