Chlorine Overdose from Pump

jbbarto

Silver Supporter
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
Hey guys, I need some advice. I setup a Stenner pump for my chlorine a little over a year ago and it's been awesome up to this point. I travel a month at a time, so the setup is perfect with the 15 gallon tank to last while I'm gone. I left a few days ago and my wife just told me that somehow the pump got turned on and all ~15 gallons of bleach has been pumped into the pool. The pump is on a timer, so I'll have to figure it out what went wrong, but in the mean time what should I do about all of the chlorine in the pool? I'm worried about it causing issues with the plaster or equipment. For now, I have had her turn off all of the equipment. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

I think the cheapest easiest quickest thing to put in there would be hydrogen peroxide to counteract it------but I have no idea how much to add. Someone who does will be along.

Plaster isn't really bothered by high FC levels, and if your CYA levels are 60 or lower the FC level will be down enough by tomorrow evening that you can just turn things back on at that point and not have any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.