Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ABG Buried Install questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

ABG Buried Install questions...

getting serious about this doughboy pool install. 16 x 32 autumn breeze buried on slope. one side, 20 inches high. the other side ~35 inches high. pump inlets and return / skimmer will be on high side to avoid having to have inground pump equipment.

1. how far away can I put my pump? the best location, is remote, at ~80 feet away, with one 35 degree turn in the pipes. I know that will add to install cost for piping, but it may save me $$$ on electric. (BTW, it will be a 1.5 HP Hayward pump with 250 sandfilter).

2. how long of an extension cord can I use for pump? in this proposed location, electric is only about 15 feet away.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ABG Buried Install questions...

I don't think any manufacturer allows or recommends using an extension cord for the pump connection. You might want to reconsider all that and think about sinking an electrical panel right next to where the pump will be.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: ABG Buried Install questions...

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    I don't think any manufacturer allows or recommends using an extension cord for the pump connection. You might want to reconsider all that and think about sinking an electrical panel right next to where the pump will be.
    okay. Thats what I thought. thanks!
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!