Possible Deck Jet Leak

aeromorris05

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 16, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
So I'm opening up the pool 2wks ago and after giving everything the once over I notice that I'm not getting any pressure out of our 3 deck jets. See picture below:

ry%3D400

The 3 jets are along the right-hand side of the picture. The pool equipment is mount at the far end of the house just out of sight. Here's a view from the opposite side of the yard.

ry%3D400

All 3 jets are serviced via a single common 1.5" pvc line and they pretty much follow the path you would take if you were to walk between the two. One of my builder's employees diagnosed the problem earlier today so I'm still waiting for him to call me back to hear his recommendation for a fix. I REALLY don't want to bust up a bunch of concrete. Would it be feasible to install 3 new urethane lines (similar to the blue/red plumbing in my house) and have them loop to the left of the pavilion and down the fence toward the nozzles. They urethane would be completely weather proof. At the moment, with our 2-speed pump on high we get no height projection at all. A minute or so after opening the valve the jets bleed water onto the deck. No pressure whatsoever.

This winter was pretty brutal and even though I tried to winterize the pipes, I suspect some water remained. We had a 1" thick layer of ice on the surface of the pool for a about a week or so. My guess is it was either the ice or ground settling in the 2yrs since it was built, and that caused the jet supply line to break. Either way, I'm looking for a fix that doesn't involve total destruction of the backyard. They add so much ambiance that I don't think leaving them disabled will be an option.

Ironically enough, this exact problem was one of my concerns when we installed the jets. Typically TN never really has a hard winter freeze in the sense that the topsoil never really freezes. Two years after install we get Polar Vortex 2014. :scratch:

Recommendations appreciated.

Have you tried calling a leak detection company? They should be able to, within a few feet, find the location of the break... if you're lucky, maybe it's in that area of ground between the equipment and the deck. But if not, and you decide to run a new line, what's your plan for connecting to the deck jets? Maybe you could dig under the deck, but from what it looks like in the photos, the back fence is really close to the deck, leaving not a lot of room to dig... cutting out a section of concrete might be the only option.

--Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.