Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do I need first after install of intex?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do I need first after install of intex?

We ended up buying an Intex 14'x42" pool, still in box. Wanted the 48" but this will be safer for the younger one for now....anyway.... Once we level the ground and install the pool, what chemicals do I need first? Want to have everything ready while we are filling it. Don't plan on buying a SWG at the moment.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: What do I need first after install of intex?

Start with reading Pool School, linked in the upper right of every page here.

Basically: bleach, stabilizer, and maybe muriatic acid.

Do you have one of the recommended test kits? Really, that should be your first priority, so you know how much of what to add to you pool. Get one from . Best is the XL option, along with the speedstir. This is not an expense, it is an investment in keeping your pool safe and clean for you and your family.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Specifically, there's an article in Pool School for opening a temporary pool.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Pool School is your friend flash828. Everything that you could ever want to know about pool chemistry and the items you will need are in Pool School.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Test kit, test kit, test kit....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction

6. Back To Top    #6

Thomson GA

Please post pictures as you install your pool.

27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit