New Pool Being Built--Water at bottom

How much bluestone gravel should be placed at the deep end of a pool when water is found? By accident the backhoe unplugged the pump at about 5 pm last night. The builder put a bit of bluestone in the bottom, but the water rose because the pump was off for 14 hours. The stone now looks muddy and the builder is continuing to frame out the pool. Is this a problem? How much bluestone should be placed? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you

I have the same problem, My PB says they run into this sometimes and it shouldn't be a big deal. They just have to pump it out each morning before they begin work. Let us know what your PB says and we can compare notes :)

Greg

I'm in day three of project. I have not seen the owner--Just his hard working crew from South of the Border. One of the guys said not to worry. I asked him the purpose of the blue gravel and he said it kept the mud off the pool bottom and allowed the water to be more easily pumped out.

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not but that is the word I received.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.