Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Being Built--Water at bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Being Built--Water at bottom

How much bluestone gravel should be placed at the deep end of a pool when water is found? By accident the backhoe unplugged the pump at about 5 pm last night. The builder put a bit of bluestone in the bottom, but the water rose because the pump was off for 14 hours. The stone now looks muddy and the builder is continuing to frame out the pool. Is this a problem? How much bluestone should be placed? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Pool Being Built--Water at bottom

I would suggest talking with the builder. None of us here could even hazard a guess at your question......we can't see the problem and the vast majority of us are not PB's.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same problem, My PB says they run into this sometimes and it shouldn't be a big deal. They just have to pump it out each morning before they begin work. Let us know what your PB says and we can compare notes

Greg

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by grgood View Post
    I have the same problem, My PB says they run into this sometimes and it shouldn't be a big deal. They just have to pump it out each morning before they begin work. Let us know what your PB says and we can compare notes

Greg
    I'm in day three of project. I have not seen the owner--Just his hard working crew from South of the Border. One of the guys said not to worry. I asked him the purpose of the blue gravel and he said it kept the mud off the pool bottom and allowed the water to be more easily pumped out.

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not but that is the word I received.

5. Back To Top    #5

My pb said the same thing. He did say if we ever drain the pool to make sure we pull a plug out of the main drain