pool fittings question

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so guys I been saying im gonna add a through wall skimmer and re pipe everything on my 14x48 intex ultra frame with the 663 pump and my question is about this pic http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/w...mer/IMG_1174_zps4b284279.jpg.html?sort=6&o=14 couldn't I just buy a threaded pvc fitting to go onto the intake and outlets, I know they have them...I think they have a 1 1/2 inch one and my second question is when I go to install the skimmer, where should I locate it, in between the outlet and intake or way on the other side of the intake? thanks again guys for the time and answers, im sure ill have more lol

I can't help you out on the intex stuff, but for skimmer placement should be based on a combination of factors, you want it way from the returns, but also on the side of the pool that tends to be the downwind side during swim season. So if you tend to get a breeze from the south or southwest like we do in the summer, then you will want the skimmer on the north or northeast side of the pool.

I've never seen a PVC fitting that'd fit the Intex thread pattern. The DIY fittings were easy enough to make though. The picture you referenced in the original post above is from my pool, but I've patterned them (and everything you see in the pictures) from what others have done on this forum. In that same library, there are close up pics of the adapters as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.