Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool fittings question

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation pool fittings question

so guys I been saying im gonna add a through wall skimmer and re pipe everything on my 14x48 intex ultra frame with the 663 pump and my question is about this pic http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/wi...ml?sort=6&o=14 couldn't I just buy a threaded pvc fitting to go onto the intake and outlets, I know they have them...I think they have a 1 1/2 inch one and my second question is when I go to install the skimmer, where should I locate it, in between the outlet and intake or way on the other side of the intake? thanks again guys for the time and answers, im sure ill have more lol

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool fittings question

anyone?

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't help you out on the intex stuff, but for skimmer placement should be based on a combination of factors, you want it way from the returns, but also on the side of the pool that tends to be the downwind side during swim season. So if you tend to get a breeze from the south or southwest like we do in the summer, then you will want the skimmer on the north or northeast side of the pool.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Amazon (yes I know, I spend half my life on there!) has this, but you'd still have to use the Intex hoses.

However, there is this tutorial on how to make your own adapters directly to 1-1/2" pipe.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks so much for the link I haven't found that onr and is very helpful

6. Back To Top    #6

I've never seen a PVC fitting that'd fit the Intex thread pattern. The DIY fittings were easy enough to make though. The picture you referenced in the original post above is from my pool, but I've patterned them (and everything you see in the pictures) from what others have done on this forum. In that same library, there are close up pics of the adapters as well.