Aquapure 1400 intermitent error code 120 general fault issue. Bad PIB or relay?

towney

Apr 5, 2007
Central Florida
I researched previous threads on this with no final solution.
So here is my problem. System will general fault "service" 120 code on the non cell reversing portion but on the cell reversing cycle I do not get this fault and system runs fine. When the issue arises on the normal cycle the DCVolts on the cell posts run 36volts when on the cell reversing cycle no general fault errors the DCvolts are 32volts. I have seen that this could be a cell reverse relay gone bad, any thoughts on a fix? Do I replace the PIB back board or just install a new relay? Where is the relay and where can you get one? Is 32 DCvolts on the cell reversing cycle ok for I read that range should be 22-28?
My temporary fix has been to turn everything off when on the normal cycle and general fault 120 pops up and turn back on to get the cell reversing cycle. If it is a bad cell wouldn't the fault code be on all the time? System is 2.75 years old.
Thanks in advance

I researched previous threads on this with no final solution.
So here is my problem. System will general fault "service" 120 code on the non cell reversing portion but on the cell reversing cycle I do not get this fault and system runs fine. When the issue arises on the normal cycle the DCVolts on the cell posts run 36volts when on the cell reversing cycle no general fault errors the DCvolts are 32volts. I have seen that this could be a cell reverse relay gone bad, any thoughts on a fix? Do I replace the PIB back board or just install a new relay? Where is the relay and where can you get one? Is 32 DCvolts on the cell reversing cycle ok for I read that range should be 22-28?
My temporary fix has been to turn everything off when on the normal cycle and general fault 120 pops up and turn back on to get the cell reversing cycle. If it is a bad cell wouldn't the fault code be on all the time? System is 2.75 years old.
Thanks in advance
how did you end up fixing this problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.