Most reliable non-intrusive light for my 30' pool

Did you check the bulb on the light ? Maybe since the light was on its way out you didn't have full power. I have a night lighter and it lights mine fine. My pool is smaller than yours though.
Maybe two of them for your pool. They've gotten good reviews.

I get a nice light source from the neighbor's pole which is not even 20ft from our pool. I'd like to add a light to the inside although I really don't need it. I'm in no hurry to get one.

I got two battery operated magnetic lights - I think they were about $10 each ... They have been stuck to the outside of the pool all winter - just brought them in, changed the batteries, and they work like a charm. We don't leave them in the pool - just stick them in there when we want to swim at night and take them out when we get out ... but the two of them light up the pool really well. They do get water inside sometimes ... so we also take the covers off and let them dry out - But easy and worth the price for us.

If you like the magnetic light that others have mentioned, Walmart carries them in some of their stores and you get two for $10. I love the Night Lighter but my pool is much smaller than yours. I found the magnetic lights would not stay put when the kids jumped in.

We have a 30 foot round and I use two nightlighters to light the pool on either side of the pool. We only leave them in when we use them and then my husband has rigged up something so that we can swing them out of the pool when they are not in use. They have worked fine. The two of them light up the pool nicely. When we had only one of them really only about half of the pool was lit up and the other half had a fading glow. It would be nice to be able to use a light as powerful as the inground ones for this size pool but two nightlighters works pretty well for us. One is clear and the other one is colored. The only color that seems to light up well though is the green.

I have an 18x34 and have a nightlighter 100w too. Its does an ok job but I am thinking of adding a second one this year. Mine has been in the pool all winter and it looks like it has taken on water so we shall see. They are not hard to get apart and clean but they do appear to take on water easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.