Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Most reliable non-intrusive light for my 30' pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Most reliable non-intrusive light for my 30' pool

Plugged up my Night-lighter 100w from my old pool earlier and it barely lit up our new pool. It also stopped working directly thereafter. I would love to have any suggestions on a new light. I do not want to interfere with my return or have to install it in the wall. I have been eying these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any tips?
    30' by 54 Above Ground Pool 22000 Gallons
    1.5HP 2-Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    24' 300lb Hayward Sand Filter
    TF100 Test Kit
    Youngest Pool Enthusiast(Hopefully)

2. Back To Top    #2

Most reliable non-intrusive light for my 30' pool

Did you check the bulb on the light ? Maybe since the light was on its way out you didn't have full power. I have a night lighter and it lights mine fine. My pool is smaller than yours though.
    Maybe two of them for your pool. They've gotten good reviews.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Most reliable non-intrusive light for my 30' pool

I get a nice light source from the neighbor's pole which is not even 20ft from our pool. I'd like to add a light to the inside although I really don't need it. I'm in no hurry to get one.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I got two battery operated magnetic lights - I think they were about $10 each ... They have been stuck to the outside of the pool all winter - just brought them in, changed the batteries, and they work like a charm. We don't leave them in the pool - just stick them in there when we want to swim at night and take them out when we get out ... but the two of them light up the pool really well. They do get water inside sometimes ... so we also take the covers off and let them dry out - But easy and worth the price for us.
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Yup I'm with April, I use a magnetic led light... Best little purchase, it makes my pool look beautiful...

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-3594-Ligh...net+pool+light
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

6. Back To Top    #6

If you like the magnetic light that others have mentioned, Walmart carries them in some of their stores and you get two for $10. I love the Night Lighter but my pool is much smaller than yours. I found the magnetic lights would not stay put when the kids jumped in.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

7. Back To Top    #7

We have a 30 foot round and I use two nightlighters to light the pool on either side of the pool. We only leave them in when we use them and then my husband has rigged up something so that we can swing them out of the pool when they are not in use. They have worked fine. The two of them light up the pool nicely. When we had only one of them really only about half of the pool was lit up and the other half had a fading glow. It would be nice to be able to use a light as powerful as the inground ones for this size pool but two nightlighters works pretty well for us. One is clear and the other one is colored. The only color that seems to light up well though is the green.
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover

8. Back To Top    #8

I have an 18x34 and have a nightlighter 100w too. Its does an ok job but I am thinking of adding a second one this year. Mine has been in the pool all winter and it looks like it has taken on water so we shall see. They are not hard to get apart and clean but they do appear to take on water easily.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator