Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maintain FC level

1. Back To Top    #1

United States

Maintain FC level

Split off of Pool Won't Hold Chlorine. Please ask questions in your own topic, rather than hijacking someone else's existing topic. JasonLion

Hello sir,
    Can you tell me if the advise you got worked for you? I have the same problem right now. Please help.
    Thanks, John

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Pool Won't Hold Chlorine...FRUSTRATED !!!

I'm not sure you'll get much help as this thread is 3 years old. You're probably better off starting your own new thread.
    Taken care of. JasonLion
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Maintain FC level

Welcome to TFP!

Please give us some more info to work with. Did you just open your pool after closing it for the winter? If so, there are several possibilities, but the solution is the same which is to keep adding chlorine until it holds. However, it would be a good idea to get a proper test kit such as the TFTestkits TF-100 and to post a full set of water chemistry readings. That will help a lot in figuring out what is needed. For example, if the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level is very high, a partial drain/refill would be in order.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"