Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Inline Chlorinator and bleach

1. Back To Top    #1
    Frankfort , Illinois

Hayward Inline Chlorinator and bleach

Okay. We are going to finish our above ground pool soon. The pool came with Hayward inline chlorinator. I will not convert the pool to SWG but I will use bleach to keep it sanitized. My question is is it okay to use inline chlorinator (uses 3" tablets) and bleach? It will not cause problems later on?
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hayward Inline Chlorinator and bleach

You are fine using both approaches at the same time, or different times, subject to one limitation. You should never add bleach directly to the skimmer. If too high a concentration of bleach got into the inline chlorinator there could be problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School