Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aftermarket valves and parts for LQ

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Aftermarket valves and parts for LQ

Hey all,

Somewhere someone was talking about some aftermarket more heavy duty parts for the LQ, especially metering valves. Now, I can't find it. I did find this thread, but I thought someone had found some really heavy duty ones. If you know, could you post it here please?

Here's the thread I found, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. That said, if you have tried these, could you give me an update?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Aftermarket valves and parts for LQ is what I use. I got it quite a bit cheaper on eBay.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Aftermarket valves and parts for LQ

I never tried the pinch valve, but it should work if you change the tubing out to something less stiff than the OEM tubing that comes on the LQ.

I searched for a long time for parts that would work, and the ones I found wound up costing as much as much as the Stenner setup I have now.

The float valves I found averaged about $40 a piece and I never found a flow meter that I thought would work.

It's pretty moot anyway. Hasa has a lifetime warranty on parts for the LQ.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit