Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 Test Kit

For the FC test, of the powdered reagent, how much is a "heaping" spoonful of the blue powder? The small jar seems to go real quick or am I using too much of a heaping helping?
    14K IG Aggregate Mini Pebble, 1 HP Hayward Single Speed Pump 120 GPM, 175 Sqft Cartridge Filter
    In-Line Chlorinator, 360 Polaris Black Max, Sheer Descent Water Feature. TF-100 Test Kit
    Build Date 2/1994; Remodel Date 4/2014; Original Owner, North Texas

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Test Kit

It's probably not much more than you can hold between your finger and thumb.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The instrcutions tell you the exact amount is not important and it isn't. All you are looking for is the soltuion to turn pink when you put the powder in. In 99.5% of the cases that is a somewhat rounded fill of the CUPPED portion of the dipper.

How often are you testing?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

You can not use too much, but too little can skew the results. If the water starts with a nice pink, then you likely have used enough.

I generally use one scoop when my FC is in normal ranges. Today when I was up around 20ppm I added one scoop which made a good pink, but added a bit more to be safe. And I certainly do not try to have a heap over the entire end of the spoon.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm testing every day. I'm new to this and have new plaster (March 27 fill date). My spoon is flat on both ends. Just ordered more so maybe I my new spoon with have a little cup
    14K IG Aggregate Mini Pebble, 1 HP Hayward Single Speed Pump 120 GPM, 175 Sqft Cartridge Filter
    In-Line Chlorinator, 360 Polaris Black Max, Sheer Descent Water Feature. TF-100 Test Kit
    Build Date 2/1994; Remodel Date 4/2014; Original Owner, North Texas

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by doloskeeter View Post
    I'm testing every day. I'm new to this and have new plaster (March 27 fill date). My spoon is flat on both ends. Just ordered more so maybe I my new spoon with have a little cup
    Look closely. One end has a small BB-sized cup in it.

TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat