pH is always high, what should I adjust in my chemistry to maintain stable pH

Apr 23, 2014
Fairfax, VA
New to TFP and pools (first year). IG outdoor pool installed 2-3 years ago.

Used Taylor K-2006 test kit with these results. TFP recommendations for SWG pools in ():
FC: 4 (3-5)
CC: .2 (< .5)
pH: 7.6 (usually 8.0 each day) (7.5 to 7.6)
TA: 120 (60-70)
CH 200 (250-230)
CYA 25 (70-80)
Salt: 2900

Pool is crystal clear.

Should I focus on getting CYA to 60-70 range for a more stable pH?

Is Natural Chemistry 07410 Pool Instant Water Conditioner a good product to use to raise CYA?

Welcome to TFP!

To slow PH increases you need to raise CYA and lower TA.

Natural Chemistry 07410 Pool Instant Water Conditioner will work just fine, but it is much more expensive than the other options. Granular stabilizer/cyanuric acid is much more affordable and does the exact same thing.

Thanks... Does it matter the order followed in lowering CYA and TA?
You'll do them more or less simultaneously. Lower pH and aerate. That takes a few days and multiple acid doses. If you're using liquid CYA, let it mix half an hour before lowering pH. If it's granular CYA, pour it in a sock and hang it in front of a return or let it dangle off a floating pool toy. It'll take a few days to completely dissolve and show up on tests. In the meantime, you can continue to adjust pH and aerate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.