am i in trouble?

elemke

May 27, 2013
getting pool (33x4 agp w/ swg) ready for this year, I've been adding bleach (121 oz. 8.25%) to my pool. I haven't filled it up (below return jet) so i am not running the pump, filter, or swg. It was a solid green when I started because I couldn't keep my cover on, but that's another problem. So I added 8 bottles of bleach and 1 of muratic acid (ph above 8). two days later light green, cl at 0, and ph of 7. Added 10 bottles of bleach. two days later ph about 1 and ph at 7.2 so i added 4 bottles. last night I added another 4 bottles which I did not test before since it had been 4 days and bright sunny days in the upper 70's. tested it this morning and got an orange color on the test and ph at 7.8. I have new cl/ph titrate and tested it it two different locations. the pool doesn't have a cl smell to it that I can tell. cya levels are at 40. second cl test without ph test:
IMG_20140424_084103_157.jpg
on the brite sided, the pool is clear but just have to vacuum when I raise the water levels:p

You should be using a FAS-DPD chlorine test and not the OTO you are using now. The Orange just means your FC is "high".

You really should not be doing all this without the pump running and should be following the SLAM process.

Doing what you have been doing may work to clear the pool, but it may also substantially shorten the life of your liner. This is why we teach testing and doing controlled addition of chemicals, not just semi blind shotgun approach.

Ike

Why would you add so much bleach without filling the pool and running the pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.