AQ Trol RJ vs HP

JcNwa

Apr 15, 2014
Arkansas
I just ordered the AQ Trol RJ for my above ground pool being installed over the weekend. After reading a lot i noticed that the RJ is to direct return jet connection vs the HP to be connected inline. Can the RJ be connected inline? My pump is 30 feet away and i am hoping the RJ just have extra adapters that once removed works just as the HP. If anybody can help with this. Otherwise, i will know on Saturday when it arrives.
thanks

The RJ model comes with a slightly different set of connectors than the HP model, and is missing the flow switch which is required for inline usage. You can purchase the flow switch and connectors separately to convert an RJ into an HP.

TL stands for twist-lock, and is independent of the RJ/HP choice. TL models are designed for use with pumps that have twist-lock plugs, while the non-TL models have standard plugs. Nearly everything is twist-lock these days, though older pumps are generally regular plugs. You should check your pump to see which kind of plug it has to be sure.

Solaxx SALRET20A Saltron Retro Retrofit Drop-in Salt Chlorine Generator with Timer for Pools, 20,000, amazon for $264. Easier than 500 for the Trol, good reviews. :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

But looks like I may need to run an extension, which i hate to do.

I don't recommend the Saltron Retro for pools over 10,000 gallons. it is usable but nowhere near as nice as the AquaTrol for smaller pools. Also, the cell doesn't last nearly as long as the one in the AquaTrol. If price is a major issue the Intex SWG is a better choice, though again it is no where near as nice as the AquaTol.

How do I know if the pump is twist lock? how does it looks? Sorry for all the question but this website have been amazing. I am learning so much! My kids have bad eczema and regular pools make their eczema break out. With the SWCG they enjoy the summer and their skin actually improves substantially. This is a major investment in their fun but also in their health...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH! is the powercord? Mine looks just like a regular cord to a regular outlet. The outlet is a regular GFCI. Nothing fancy like that. I chose to put the pump next to the hose and run pvc underground to the pool rather tan running power to the pool and have an outlet sitting in the middle of the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.