Pump and Filter location with regards to pool water level?

OK. So this weekend I am going to install my filter and pump. According to the sales guy that sold me the pump he told me as long as the pump is below the water level I will be fine (Semi-inground). I opened the directions and saw this diagram. which shows the water level above the filter. I still have to do some backfilling after my electrician grounds the pool.

If that is the case what problems will I have? My original location is shown below in yellow. After reading the directions and realizing that the pump will be higher than my pool wall I think I may relocat it to location in green. I can dig the area down, border it with 6"x 6" timber (which I have tons of after removing playground border to install pool). I can make sure it is backfilled with good drainage material so it doesnt hold water. I also could hard plumb it with PVC and bury the piping below grade and add two valves and disconnects in the pit to remove the pump and filter in the winter. Location #2 would be approx. 10' from the skimmer and about 13' from the pool intake. Does anybody see a problem with this method?

For reference of elevation. The top of pool is approx. 24" above grade. The water level is approx. 16 to 18" above grade. Also when planning the pool, I didnt realize having an in ground skimmer, the pipe out of the bottom of the skimmer would be so close to my finished grade compounding my issues. I went with an inground skimmer because I plan on putting a retaining wall around the pool and will have pavers around it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.