Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

Ah memories, I once had a Kawasaki Mule UTV in my pool, talk about a mess, or course in my case it was on its side and the front bumper tore a 4 ft long gash in the liner in the shallow end. Getting it out only involved 4 or 5 men to tip it back upright (right two wheels were out of the water, barely clipped the shallow end). In case you are wondering how it ended up in the pool, its parking space was in the covered area just outside the pool house doors that can be seen in this photo where the black trash bag is located.

attachment.php

The doors are about 1/2 inch wider than the Mule, it had just came back from the shop and someone forgot to reinstall a return spring on the throttle plate, so it went through the doors, popping them off their hinges, but somehow not breaking any of the glass panes and ended up on its side in the shallow end of the pool

This is a real fear for me. The location of my backyard makes this a serious possibility when some drunk decides my wall needs a new hole in it. My brother gave me some plans for a "car resistant" wall. But it would cost me as much as my pool to build one...I'll let the insurance pay for that if a car decides to breach my existing wall.

Ah memories, I once had a Kawasaki Mule UTV in my pool, talk about a mess, or course in my case it was on its side and the front bumper tore a 4 ft long gash in the liner in the shallow end. Getting it out only involved 4 or 5 men to tip it back upright (right two wheels were out of the water, barely clipped the shallow end). In case you are wondering how it ended up in the pool, its parking space was in the covered area just outside the pool house doors that can be seen in this photo where the black trash bag is located.

The doors are about 1/2 inch wider than the Mule, it had just came back from the shop and someone forgot to reinstall a return spring on the throttle plate, so it went through the doors, popping them off their hinges, but somehow not breaking any of the glass panes and ended up on its side in the shallow end of the pool

THAT is a quite the amazing thing! I can't believe it didn't break the glass!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is a real fear for me. The location of my backyard makes this a serious possibility when some drunk decides my wall needs a new hole in it. My brother gave me some plans for a "car resistant" wall. But it would cost me as much as my pool to build one...I'll let the insurance pay for that if a car decides to breach my existing wall.

My brother also lives in Odessa - From the stories he tells there are plenty of drunks around to drive through your fence! Hopefully it won't ever happen and if it does no one will be in the back yard. There is a subdivision in my town that backs a road noted for youth driving way too fast on the curves. The houses have very shallow back yards. Privacy fences are down very regularly where young drivers misjudge speed in curves and go through. Several times eating areas at the back of the houses have been knocked into. Thankfully no one has ever been hurt. I am always afraid for those families!

Could you run some big cement posts like they do in parking lots? Maybe not very pretty, but goodness it would cut back on the danger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.