Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    242

    Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    Saw this on my local news feed.



    http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/...c=n&fb=y&can=n
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    9,089

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    That's gonna take a bunch of chlorine!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Isaac-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    6,711

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    Ah memories, I once had a Kawasaki Mule UTV in my pool, talk about a mess, or course in my case it was on its side and the front bumper tore a 4 ft long gash in the liner in the shallow end. Getting it out only involved 4 or 5 men to tip it back upright (right two wheels were out of the water, barely clipped the shallow end). In case you are wondering how it ended up in the pool, its parking space was in the covered area just outside the pool house doors that can be seen in this photo where the black trash bag is located.



    The doors are about 1/2 inch wider than the Mule, it had just came back from the shop and someone forgot to reinstall a return spring on the throttle plate, so it went through the doors, popping them off their hinges, but somehow not breaking any of the glass panes and ended up on its side in the shallow end of the pool
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Beens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    "You're gonna need a bigger net"
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

  5. Back To Top    #5

    TFP Guide
    mrcarcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    973

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    This is a real fear for me. The location of my backyard makes this a serious possibility when some drunk decides my wall needs a new hole in it. My brother gave me some plans for a "car resistant" wall. But it would cost me as much as my pool to build one...I'll let the insurance pay for that if a car decides to breach my existing wall.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    242

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Ah memories, I once had a Kawasaki Mule UTV in my pool, talk about a mess, or course in my case it was on its side and the front bumper tore a 4 ft long gash in the liner in the shallow end. Getting it out only involved 4 or 5 men to tip it back upright (right two wheels were out of the water, barely clipped the shallow end). In case you are wondering how it ended up in the pool, its parking space was in the covered area just outside the pool house doors that can be seen in this photo where the black trash bag is located.


    The doors are about 1/2 inch wider than the Mule, it had just came back from the shop and someone forgot to reinstall a return spring on the throttle plate, so it went through the doors, popping them off their hinges, but somehow not breaking any of the glass panes and ended up on its side in the shallow end of the pool
    THAT is a quite the amazing thing! I can't believe it didn't break the glass!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    This is a real fear for me. The location of my backyard makes this a serious possibility when some drunk decides my wall needs a new hole in it. My brother gave me some plans for a "car resistant" wall. But it would cost me as much as my pool to build one...I'll let the insurance pay for that if a car decides to breach my existing wall.
    My brother also lives in Odessa - From the stories he tells there are plenty of drunks around to drive through your fence! Hopefully it won't ever happen and if it does no one will be in the back yard. There is a subdivision in my town that backs a road noted for youth driving way too fast on the curves. The houses have very shallow back yards. Privacy fences are down very regularly where young drivers misjudge speed in curves and go through. Several times eating areas at the back of the houses have been knocked into. Thankfully no one has ever been hurt. I am always afraid for those families!

    Could you run some big cement posts like they do in parking lots? Maybe not very pretty, but goodness it would cut back on the danger.
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Isaac-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    6,711

    Re: Wonder how to get this out of the pool....

    Quote Originally Posted by glitter&guns View Post
    THAT is a quite the amazing thing! I can't believe it didn't break the glass!!

    Not only that but it did not damage the wood on the doors, it just sheered the brass hinges in half. So all that was needed to rehang the doors were a few fresh hinges. And with the way it landed on its side no water made it into the engine.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •