Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: calling all fountain/waterfall people

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation calling all fountain/waterfall people

so guys I have a 14x48 intex ultra frame and soon will install a through wall skimmer....already installed the bigger 633 pump/filter and was thinking maybe a fountain too and ive looked on here seen a few and was looking for ideas, maybe with pics of what I could maybe do...thanks guys

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: calling all fountain/waterfall people

oh come on don't be shy lol

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

yup check all those and have some ideas...just thought some would come in with new ideas and things

5. Back To Top    #5

hey guys does anyone have this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rainbow-Abov...-/141244980790 or seen it working? I cant seem to find pictures of it working at night to see if the led lights really work on it...if not id like to make a fountain that I can add led lights to

6. Back To Top    #6

I found this http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%...ope+Lights+LED so I was thinking of maybe a 9 foot or so fountain made like how many on here make theirs but if I made it run 9 feet wouldn't I need at least 3 returns into it instead of just one?... I thought maybe the 9 feet and double the the rope into the tube so its all in the 9 feet long tube and just make a hole at the end where it comes out so I can connect it, just culking it up and that should hold....right? or am I just coming up with too much here lol

7. Back To Top    #7

please tell me if im nuts lol

8. Back To Top    #8

anyone?

9. Back To Top    #9

Sorry I can't help. I know nothing about Intex setups and I don't have any water features.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I Don't know about Intex, either....sorry.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

well intex has nothing to do with it...id plumb it from the return like others have done it but make it a tab bigger

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

When you say 9ft, are you speaking of height?
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

13. Back To Top    #13

lol no no i mean itll be about a 9 foot spray bar laying on the the ultra frame kinda like this http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d89e-4256-cc84.jpg

14. Back To Top    #14

We're just at the beginning of the pool season for most people and they're trying to open for the most part so that may be why you're not getting many (any) responses.

When it comes to fountains, The designs are pretty much wide open. Just come up with something that you think you'd like and will work, and just stick it together and see what happens. Mine is just a threaded adapter, couple pieces of 1½" pipe, a 45º ell and a cap with lots of holes drilled in it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

I'll throw in a little opinion...just know I'm not an expert, and I don't really understand what your overriding question is....so I'll focus on one.

The 9ft length. The length of the spray bar isn't terribly important (to an extent). The more important factor is the number and size of the holes. More area of hole(total of all the smaller holes) the lower the pressure will be on each hole... If you use more than one return, you can have more total hole area. It really just depends on the look you are after. 9ft is pretty freaking long. I would look at using at least two returns for stability if nothing else. If you take note of other peoples design you'll see that many have included some sort of bracing. The longer any leg is the less force required on that leg to break something like the return of the pool. 9ft will also require bracing just due to the weight of the water and the somewhat low rigidity of PVC pipe at those lengths.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

16. Back To Top    #16

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...pics-and-video

Changed broken embedded youtube video to link.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]