May 30, 2008
Fort Gratiot MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone,

I have had my pool up now for about for about 1 1/2 months. I have never had the filter gain but maybe 1psi in pressure. I have regularly backwashed it as we have had alot of rain this spring and early summer. It has been about 2 weeks since my last backwash and still the thing hasnt even moved 1 psi. 1) Do you think I have channeling in the filter? I use Zeosand as the media and also have a skimmer sock that I check everyday and empty(We have had bad dogwood this year and it fills up almost daily) 2) could the gauge be bad? (its a brand new Doughhboy filter)

Thanks in advance
Brian

My two cents
I don't think you have a problem, a clean pool with a skimmer sock probally means that your zeo is not getting really dirty.

Also i've read that zeo needs less backwashing , and if you have to empty your pool a lot because of rain i would suggest that you do it on waste.

Keep an eye on your return pressure if that slows down and the pressure gauge stays the same, check the pressure gauge. If your water is clean and clear then i would say everthing is fine

Happy swims
Frank

I don't think you have a channeling problem. Is there enything coming out of the return(like bugs/small things) Our pressure guage never goes up much. I know it's good because it's new this year and when I close the return valve, it goes up. Yesterday the pool was vacuumed and after the psi was 12(normal is 11.5), but I new it was dirty because the flow out of the return was very low. Backwashed and the flow went right back up.

HTH,
Adam

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
if you have to empty your pool a lot because of rain i would suggest that you do it on waste.

Thanks Frank!!
No worries Waste
stop hitting me with that hammer 8)
happy swims
Frank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.